Arthur McKay is part of the Atalian Servest Group.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Cabling engineer to join the team. This role will involve the installation of Fibre, Voice and Data Cabling within Commercial, Finance/Banking, Government, Education, Healthcare & Listed Buildings.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- The applicant must be competent in the structured cabling installation of Cat5E UTP/STP, Cat6 UTP/STP & Cat6A UTP/STP within the above premises. Terminate and test cables within patch panels and data outlets. Have the competence in tracing and fault finding data cables within premises using Fluke Link Runner. Ability to test data cabling using Fluke DSX data tester.
- The applicant must be competent in the fibre cabling installation of multimode and singlemode fibre cables within the above premises. Ability to terminate fibre cables within fibre panels/fibre boxes using Fibre Splicer or Hot Cured/Crimp terminations. Have the competence in tracing and fault finding fibre within premises using OTDR. Ability to test fibre cabling using Fluke DSX Multimode/Singlemode tester.
- The applicant must be competent in the voice cabling installation of multimode voice cabling within the above premises. Have the competence in tracing and fault finding voice cables within premises. Ability to test voice cabling using Fluke DSX data tester.
- The applicant must be competent in the installation of floor mounted and wall mounted data cabinets/racks within comms rooms.
- The applicant must be competent in the installation of cable tray, basket tray, PVC and metal trunking PVC and metal conduit and cable matting within the above premises.
- Patching out data cabinets as per client’s spreadsheets. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word would be advantageous as working with laptop.
- Ability in the structured cabling systems of Commscope, Brand-Rex, Excel, Panduit, Nexans & Connectix cabling products.
- CNIT or City & Guilds & Guilds communication cabling or NVQ telecommunication certification will be required.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Customer focused individual with proactive approach to working
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and or as part of a team
- Ability to work safely at all times and the ability to understand contract and Health & Safety requirements/regulations
- ECS Grade Card
- Provide appropriate and correct site information
- Ability to successfully complete tasks within given timescales of project
- Ability to identify issues or risks that require escalation as necessary to project manager
- Full clean driving licence
Disclosure Scotland, Baseline or other similar security clearance may be required.
This role will be based in Bristol and is 38 hours per week, however, overtime may be required.
If you have the necessary qualifications, please apply today!
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***