Balfour Beatty currently has opportunities for Mechanical Foreman/Craftspeople to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Helensburgh.
In this varied role you will carry out building services mechanical installation work efficiently and safely in accordance with National Working Rules (BESA) and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
What you'll be doing
As a Mechanical Foreman/Craftsperson, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Safe and efficient installation and testing
- Work safely and in line with risk assessment and briefings
- Must be a good team player
- Bring to the attention of the Supervisor/Engineer any technical, construction or safety problems and actively take part in working to resolve.
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- Must have a valid CSCS/Skill Card (Foreman, Snr Craftsman, Craftsman Grades)
- Must have completed a recognised apprenticeship and obtained an NVQ Level 3 in H&V Installation.
- Preference to holding SC Clearance.
Working knowledge of:
- Building Services Installation Works
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Construction (Lifting Operations) Regulations 1961, (Head Protection) Regulations 1989
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1992
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1994
- Construction(Design & Management) Regulations 1994
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to GBP2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.