We are currently recruiting for a talented Quantity Surveyor near to Portsmouth to take the lead on an exciting new project starting in January 2020.
Works consists of five blocks of flats, some with concrete podium decks up to 5 floors.
- Maintain and develop Galliford Try commercial processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to maximise returns in terms of profit.
- Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Establish and maintain robust open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
- Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to the projects to ensure that Galliford Try’s position is protected.
- Assist the Bid Team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work
Experience and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have a reputation for integrity, maturity, and sound business judgment; be totally comfortable working in a team environment; and possess the creativity, commercial expertise, and commitment to successfully play an important role with the commercial and site teams.
- You will bring a track record in working within a successful team which would include profit maximisation, robust financial, commercial acumen and a good understanding of risk.
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor, specifically on Design and Build, new build and refurbishment projects, as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
- You will have experience of managing a team.
- You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting housing developments, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges. Our benefits package includes
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement with the opportunity to purchase additional days
- Private Healthcare
- 'Rewards' Scheme - Voluntary benefits scheme.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
Part of our Housebuilding Division, Partnerships represents a fusion of contracting, housing and mixed-use regeneration expertise. We undertake design and build contracting, mixed tenure and speculative development, estate regeneration and property support services nationwide. We work in collaborative long-term arrangements with Registered Providers, Local Authorities and other stakeholders to build high quality housing and sustainable communities.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
: Partnerships Division OU 4001
: Sep 24, 2019, 3:33:08 PM